Tuesday 18 February 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Review



I have been desperate to try some of Charlotte Tilbury’s make up line since it came out, but I despise paying Selfridge’s extortionate delivery costs, so when the time came that I stumbled upon their Beauty Hall I had to pick up a few bits. 

I definitely didn’t go as crazy as I wanted to because the products are not cheap. The Filmstar Bronze and Glow was £49 and the Dolce Vita eye shadow quad was £38, but I can confirm they are worth it, and their rose gold, Tom Ford-esque packaging is lovely.


I am always dubious about sculpt and highlight products as I feel either one or the other is lacking, but both of these are gorgeous. The bronze colour is actually quite neutral so you could use this to contour in my opinion and won’t get two orange streaks down your face. I like to use it to contour/bronze up the outside of my face in a ‘3’ shape with a large, but tapered brush, so it is not too defined.

The highlighter is a very golden, shimmery, but not glittery product. It goes lovely with the contour shade as it warms up your complexion against the neutral bronzer. I like to sweep this along the tops of my cheeks but I would avoid putting it anywhere else, as again, it is slightly shimmery.


Charlotte Tilbury The Dolce Vita Palette £38 


The second product I got was the Dolce Vita eye quad, a mix of bronzey, burgundy and champagne shades which are all designed to be used together, one reason why I love the palette as it is great for travelling and can create a multitude of different looks. The colours are stunning, especially the burgundy which I would have never gone near until I saw this one! They are also extremely pigmented but blend like a dream swoon.

This range very pleasantly surprised me and now I really want to try a lipstick or a colour chameleon eye crayon, anything you can recommend?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment