Saturday 9 November 2013

Ambient Lighting Palette



A palette with a powder for every mood? In comes the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette with three different powders including Dim Light, Radiant Light and the limited edition Incandescent Light it is b e a u tiful...









Dim Light
This is the setting powder of the bunch and when swept over make up it gives a lovely, almost blurred effect to the skin. I think this gives what Amelia describes as an 'Instagram filter for the face'. It also feels very lightweight and not cakey at all which I find some powders do when dusted over foundation. I do like the Diffused Light powder better though, as it suits my skin tone perfectly and counteracts any redness I have, which I always have grr.

Incandescent Light
This is the limited edition colour I believe, specially made for the palette, I was unsure of this in the pan as it doesn't look too special but when I brushed it over my cheekbones I actually let out a 'wooow' and started crooking my neck to check out the sheen it left on my cheeks. It is a white coloured highlighter but doesn't look stark as you would imagine. It has sped its way up there to the top of my highlighter list after one days wear, that must be a record right?

Radiant Light
Radiant Light gives a gorgeous golden glow, *note* not glitter, to the cheeks. I use this as a bronzer/highlighter hybrid and it really warms up your face in one sweep. Probably not one I would buy separately but a lovely addition to the palette.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
You also get a cheeky little sample of the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, my absolute favourite primer ever, fact! Now this primer actually works, I have very oily skin and it holds my make up on impeccably. I am going to do a more in depth review but lets just say it smooths, controls oil, 'sticks' make up on and blurs pores, amazing if you ask me.

So there you have it, a great little palette if you want to try a few Hourglass bits but are not sure what to get, go for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment