Tuesday 19 November 2013

Haircare Routine



























A quick look into how I care for and style my hair, plus all my fave products of the moment...



Wash
My hair is very oily, it drives me bloody mad and means I have to wash it every 2 days, a pain for me and the health of my hair. Going to the gym and sweating it out every few days doesn’t help the greasiness either, but hey ho! One of my favourite shampoo and conditioners at the moment is the Bumble and Bumble surf range, it really cleans my hair, isn’t heavy at all *sings its praises*and makes you look like you have just waltzed out of the sea – love it.

Masks
My fave mask is the Philip KingsleyElastisizer Extreme, a pre treatment that you slap on wet hair before you jump in the shower and wash as usual. A bit of a pain unless you are having a bath but the results are so worth it, hellooo swooshy, bouncy hair. Even better if you sleep with it in as a deep treat, it really saves my hair when it's a bit dry and unhappy.

Styling
I blow dry my hair most of the time (following this routine) with a big round brush and a generous spritz of OribeMaximista – bloody amazing stuff, flat haired girls take note! I also add a bit of Oribe Foundation Mist, a great heat protection spray and a ‘primer’ for the hair fancy. To finish off I run a bit of Loreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil or VO5 Miracle Concentrate through the ends once dry to make sure all frizz is tamed.

Extras
I looove the Bumble and Bumble Dryspun finish spray or it's more expensive sister Oribe Dry Texturising Spray, which both give my hair a bit of umph when it is looking lifeless. I usually spritz these on second/third day hair as it can leave a bit of a powdery feel to freshly washed hair.

The V05 Refresh Me Quick is my go to dry shampoo at the moment as sometimes my hair can get greasy after one day grrrrr it doesn’t leave a white cast and smells pretty good! Also adds a bit of volume to the roots and a bit more 'grit'.


What else do I need to add to my routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment