Sunday 2 March 2014

February Favourites


We all love a good monthly favourites, so here's whats been on the top of my list this month..

Estee Lauder Double Wear 
This is a long time favourite of mine but being the foundation junkie I am, I seemed to have strayed away! I started using this again last week after a crazy breakout, which I have no idea what caused it humpf. This covers everything and doesn’t feel too cakey on the skin (as long as you don’t use too much!) It really is my saviour for bad skin days and it doesn’t slide off my oily skin, always a bonus. I would totally recommend this if you need coverage and/or lasting power – brilliant.

EDIT: Breakout cause = NARS Sheer Glow :(

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
This concealer is my favourite undereye concealer I have tried. Ever. It comes in a tube with a sponge on top and you simply twist the tube and the product is distributed through (maybe not the most hygienic, but I can ignore that). I use this after I have done all my face make up as I always get my mascara everywhere. I sweep it in a triangle shape under my eyes and blend with a Beauty Blender or my new favourite Kiko Dark Heroine Brush and I find it gives ah-mazing coverage and really brightens and covers under eye circles, plus for such a cheap price I will no longer look to my high end products again!

Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturizing Spray
After seeing this described as a dupe of the Oribe Dry Texturising Spray (which for the record I don’t like) on Amelia’s blog I decided to give it a go. I am all for texture in my hair but the Oribe is quite sticky and makes my hair feel greasy so I am on the hunt for similar products. I ended up picking this up from Boots with £2 off (I love Boots) and I have to say I love this! It is like an in between product of the Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish (too light) and the Oribe Dry Texturising Spray (too heavy). It gives my hair great texture, instant volume and lasts quite a while on my hair, which is saying something.

Clarins Blue Orchid Face Oil
Another Amelia inspired purchase (it is hard not to buy whatever she recommends!) and another product which hasn’t disappointed. A long time ago I tried the Clarins Face Oil for Oily/Combo skin but it seemed to break me out a bit and my skin just didn’t really drink it up, whereas the Blue Orchid version I sometimes have to add more before I go to bed as it has sucked it all up straight away! I also find this is lovely to mix with a moisturiser as I have a few flaky/dry bits around my nose and this really helps to hydrate throughout the day, plus my make up goes on beautifully over it.

Laura Mercier Body Souffle Creme Brulee
The only good thing about the Space NK sale were the Laura Mercier gift sets. I managed to nab myself the Crème Brulee set with a body soufflé, bubble bath and a body scrub for a bargainous half price! These all smell absolutely gorgeous and I am definitely going to have a bath tonight now I am thinking about these (I am a shower girl, just to clarify!). The standout product was the Body Souffle as it is so rich and moisturising yet doesn’t make you feel too sticky, and it really makes you smell like a big ‘ole crème brulee, now who doesn’t want that?

Beauty Blender
I haven't put this in the photo as if you are a beauty blender owner you will know no matter hard you try to clean it, it will not be as pink as when you bought it! I purchased this on a bit of a whim and didn't expect much, but oh how wrong I was, I have not put this down since. I suffer from flaky patches on my nose and it seems no matter how hard I try they just won't go, this allows foundation to apply to the skin despite the texture and creates a flawless base. I have hardly used any of my brushes and I have a duo pack in my online shopping bag as we speak!


What are your faves this month?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment