Tuesday 18 March 2014

MAC Prep + Prime CC


MAC's Prep + Prime CC range recently hit Debenhams and perfectly timed with their 10% off. This range was pretty much meant for me, someone who struggles with covering up redness, so I picked up a couple bits to get rid of that flush!


MAC Colour Correcting SPF 30 Creme
I bought this to use as a base for my make up to hopefully alleviate the need for concealer on the redness of my cheeks. It is a pure yellow cream which you can use as a base or as a CC cream, I wanted to test this out on its own so used my fingers to apply it , which I don't usually do but I thought it would work best for this product. Once applied there was no sticky residue, which I was worried about and it really helped to even out my skin tone and reduce redness, I was quite surprised! I found because I used it as a base I used half the foundation I usually would and only had to conceal a few minor, stubborn patches.

MAC Colour Correcting Loose Powder
This is a yellow powder, similar of that to Ben Nye Banana Powder, however I found that despite putting it all over my face, it did not give a crazy/stark colour like the BN can, and  really added to the redness reduction. I did find that I looked a tiny, tiny bit sallow before I put on my bronzer so just be careful not to overuse either product. I also used this on its own, over moisturiser, and it did a great job at neutralising my red cheeks and also mattified the skin slightly.

Overall these are two new staples in my routine, surprisingly my favourite being the CC cream (fussy about bases!) and means I will hopefully be using less foundation and even rocking the bare-ish face all day. If you struggle with redness I would definitely say give these a try or check out the other colours that they offer (Illuminate, Recharge and Adjust) to see what could improve your skin tone.

Has anyone else tried these?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment